I found out yesterday what happens when a bulb of garlic explodes in the microwave. Not a clove, a bulb. Basically what happens is you're left with an enormous smelly mess that you spend the afternoon cleaning up.
So, the garlic gaga goes on. I bought the bag of australian garlic because there was a suggestion to store them in olive oil. But when I did a bit of reseach I found out this is not recommended AT ALL because there's a very high risk of botulism.
The way to go seems to be to pickle them instead. Then I found this simple recipe that just uses soy sauce. And she said that since its such a pain in the arse peeling six bulbs of garlic, and easy way to skin them was to cut the tops off then put them in the microwave for three minutes. I wouldn't suggest this myself because I was out in the laundry after about two minutes when I heard it explode.
So peel all your garlic, I only used three bubs as they were enormous.
Have a jar sterilised and ready to go.
You need enough soy sauce to cover the cloves in the jar. Then just heat the soy sauce, put in the garlic, simmer for 5 minutes then put it in the jar and seal it up. Put it away in a dark cool place for two weeks.
Then after that you have tasty little garlic cloves to use in whatever or just snack on. And you have tasty soy sauce to use in your stir frys or dressings.